Having been a student, I ve had my fair share of culinary misadventures. However, on the occasions that I have served up questionable meals, I have always made the effort to try and make my dishes presentable. Anyone who has eaten in a Michelin star restaurant knows that apart from amazing taste, it s all about getting the presentation spot on. Looking back now though, I do see that as a total waste of time.
Have you ever heard the saying, you can t polish a turd ? Well whoever made these dishes certainly hasn t. From chicken nuggets served on a bed of pasta, to a hot dog being carved into the shape of an octopus, these culinary masterminds really have gone the extra yard to make their shoddy food look less shit.
Here are 16 woeful attempts to make shit food look fancy. It s safe to say it was mission impossible from the very start.
1. Chicken nuggets on a bed of microwaved mac n cheese
2. Eau Braised Octodog on a bed of Shells Au Fromage
3. Deconstructed Chili Slaw Dog
4. Toast circles topped with American cheese, cold hot dogs and julienne pickles
5. A chicken nugget, expired brie and curly fries
6. Bacon and ramen wrapped hot dog with sriracha drizzle and hot sauce reduction
7. Hard boiled eggs and shrimp suspended in a ring of lime jello, served cold
8. Cheese plate
9. Tangy cheese Doritos and a cut-up hot dog with undercooked pasta
10. Ramen-Crust Pizza
11. Pork fried rice in an elegant moulded shope
12. Improvised ranch cup made out of some used foil, served with a carrot
13. Just a small soiree I threw together
14. Le Chocolat Turde
15. Crushed ice with a sriracha drizzle
16. Mysterious Casserole
Start taking notes people, ice is not a meal. Also, if your culinary masterpiece contains pickles, cut up hot dogs or Tangy Cheese Doritos, you should probably quit while you re ahead. Order a takeaway and do yourself a favour. While these dishes certainly won t find their way onto restaurant menus, you can t help but wonder if any of the food actually got eaten at all. Oh and one last thing eggs and prawns in lime jello, who kind of psychotic person created that?! To get these abominations out of our minds, here are some stunning grilled cheese sandwiches that you absolutely NEED to try.