1. Most of your conversations involve the phrase “remember that time when…”
“Remember that time when you vomited all over yourself at your own party? Yeah, it wasn’t as bad as that.”
2. And if one of you doesn’t remember that time, shit goes down.
“How do you not remember the time we went to see Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs just because it was raining? That was a pivotal moment in our friendship.”
3. You have a full library of embarrassing anecdotes to call on at any moment.
4. Including saved Myspace pictures and detailed descriptions of regrettable outfit choices.
5. You can be brutally honest with each other.
“No, wash it.”
6. But you also know exactly how to compliment them.
7. And that’s because you’ve shared nearly every single thought and insecurity you’ve had over the last decade with them.
8. You are totally comfortable sitting in silence together doing absolutely nothing.
9. Actually, you are totally comfortable doing pretty much anything together, really.
10. You might get a teeny-weeny bit jealous when the other one makes a new close friend.
11. They practically blend into your family.
12. They can make you proper belly-laugh like no one else.
13. It’s an unspoken rule that you hate all the same people.
14. If someone bitches about your BFF in front of you all hell will break loose.
15. When someone asks you keep a secret, you assume telling your BFF doesn’t count.
16. You can always tell when they’re lying.
17. In fact you can NEARLY read their mind.
18. Over the years you’ve learnt all their favourite foods and when they’ll need them.
19. They have been there for you through all your major crises.
20. And they always seem to know what to say.
21. You know you’ll be best friends for years to come.